Boiled guinea eggs are HARD to peel! :)

allidew2

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Upstate South Carolina
Any suggestions I can try specifically for guinea eggs? I've read the suggestions for chicken eggs, and will try those, but wondered if anyone knew anything else I could try since guinea egg shells themselves are WAY harder than regular chicken eggs. Thanks!

This is what I do...
I always start with room temp eggs and enough room temp or tepid water to cover the eggs... then for every dozen Guinea eggs I use about a 1/2 cup PLAIN salt in the water (NOT Iodized). Kosher salt works too but you need to use a little more. Bring them to a boil stirring occasionally while they heat up, turn them off once they boil, cover and let them sit 15 mins. Drain, then cool the eggs quickly in ice water, drain again, put them in a zip lock bag over night in the fridge. The next day crack them really well all over, and peel. I still get a few occasional stubborn ones, but at least I don't end up with a whole batch of eggs that look like pinatas, lol. Also, the fresher the eggs the harder they are to peel... so if you use eggs that are a week old or so they have already lost a little moisture and are easier to peel... but this has worked on fresh eggs for me too.

Last edited:
Peeps, I'm putting this in Bookmarks. I don't think I've EVER peeled an egg that didn't look like it had been run over a grater a few times. Thanks!

Peeps, I'm putting this in Bookmarks. I don't think I've EVER peeled an egg that didn't look like it had been run over a grater a few times. Thanks!
LMAO JLeigh i did the exact same thing when i read that lol :) I had heard about leaving them for two-three weeks first but i had to book mark her idea as well :)

I wish I had taken pictures of my 'peeled eggs' day before yesterday...... I could have illustrated your remark for you! Boy, were they a mess!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom