Boils vs in-grown hairs.

Brown Recluse bites hurt and feel like a staph infection- is there any chance you got bitten?

A 'minor' bite can cause a welling volcano-like sore that is masking the dissolution going on under the skin, and when released (popped, lanced) it will show then a huge crater is hidden by the initial mountain.

Had it. Didn't like it. Got a scar.

If it was me, I'd try to get it to go to a head and, *"KABLOOEY!!!"*

(Sorry, I was feeling very juvenile.)
hide.gif

Quote:
No Chooks. I have seen a recluse bite after a few days and this aint even close!!!! Those are NASTY!!! I am pretty sure this is an ingrown hair, as I have benn plucking like mad and it is smaller.

You can bring things like that to a head by keeping a bar of regular bath soap handy & every time you use the sink, get one finger wet and rub it on the soap and then dab the soapiness onto your bump. Soap does indeed dry the skin.

You can also use rubbing alcohol on a paper towel to do a nice job of cleaning your neck and cutting any grease there (I use it sometimes to prevent ring-around-the-collar).

Quote:
Well, that's a relief!

I had mine right on my bicep, right on top- was really adorable in the middle of the summer in my tanktops and summer dresses, with this major, nasty boil-looking wound, then a black crater. Good times!

Glad it's going down! I use antibiotic ointment with impunity- I'd have it slathered for sleep!

Back
Top Bottom