Bonded pair help

Honestly we would but the police here are a bit useless šŸ˜© we had issues with that caravan guy before when he stole our gate and hammered it somewhere else, we showed the police the footage of him stealing it and they told us we had to leave him alone and that we canā€™t touch the gate!! Weā€™ve been through so much because of that cruel man and the police never lifted a finger to do anything, always just acted like we were inconveniencing them. Iā€™m sure if we called them and told them about a stolen goose theyā€™d roll their eyes at us and tell us thereā€™s nothing they can do šŸ˜­

Sounds like you need some new police. If it was me Iā€™d let national animal activists know about it, sometimes at the very least they can be a thorn in the side to get police to do something about an issue.
Also Iā€™d go over the heads of the police. Iā€™m not sure how chain of command works in your country but if local police arenā€™t doing their jobs in my area we either contact the sheriff or contact a rivaling law enforcement entity like Highway patrol, and if that isnā€™t enough, theres always contacting the city council/county commissioner.
You shouldnā€™t have to live like that, itā€™s your tax dollars, the police work for you, not the local scumbags.

Sounds like you need some new police. If it was me Iā€™d let national animal activists know about it, sometimes at the very least they can be a thorn in the side to get police to do something about an issue.
Also Iā€™d go over the heads of the police. Iā€™m not sure how chain of command works in your country but if local police arenā€™t doing their jobs in my area we either contact the sheriff or contact a rivaling law enforcement entity like Highway patrol, and if that isnā€™t enough, theres always contacting the city council/county commissioner.
You shouldnā€™t have to live like that, itā€™s your tax dollars, the police work for you, not the local scumbags.
Banding them is also an option. He can't legally touch them let alone sell them if they have bands. As long as they are good metal bands and they have the needed information on them.

Can you ask to look around their property (with permission of course)? Maybe you can find out if they were not telling you the truth. That could be the case. Maybe try to buy it back and if they say ok you will know they lied. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the horrible man. Translate my Italian of you want, ā€œUn uomo cosƬ crudeleā€
Perhaps but the guy was already a bit insufferable to begin with šŸ˜© heā€™s coming back because thereā€™s some stuff on the land he wants that the caravan guy left behind so hopefully we can talk to him again and get some more info!

Any updates? I've had a goose or two escape and fly away but they never really went more than a thousand yards, and we were notified by a neighbor both times that the poor goose was just sitting in their yard, I'd try to search the area.

Any updates? I've had a goose or two escape and fly away but they never really went more than a thousand yards, and we were notified by a neighbor both times that the poor goose was just sitting in their yard, I'd try to search the area.
Weā€™ve been searching quite a bit but no luck yet šŸ˜¢ because she was taken away from here into an area sheā€™s unfamiliar with we have no idea which direction she could have gone and due to the fox and badger population in the area we are incredibly worried honestly. Itā€™s a fairly wooded area she was seen in last so we arenā€™t sure, thereā€™s also the possibility that she made it to the canal and travelled a fair bit away as well :( my brother is out searching for her in that area right now and me and my mum went looking around a different post code just earlier because someone said they spotted a random goose, but sadly nothing yet šŸ˜­

I'd make a post of Facebook and Craigslist both to let others know she was stolen so they'll know how to contact you if she's found. I don't buy his story about her getting loose.He probably took her straight to someones house and sold her.Without social media or the police's the odds of getting her back aren't good.

I'd make a post of Facebook and Craigslist both to let others know she was stolen so they'll know how to contact you if she's found. I don't buy his story about her getting loose.He probably took her straight to someones house and sold her.Without social media or the police's the odds of getting her back aren't good.
Weā€™ve made a post in Facebook and someone contacted us about seeing a goose in a local post code but it was across town and when we went to look we didnā€™t see anything :( we donā€™t think she would have gone that far and itā€™s a weird place for her to have gone to if she did since itā€™s a busy road area but we got a few peoples numbers just in case anyway.

We also visited the place that guy told us he took her to and spoke to some people. We also thought he probably sold her off but apparently he was wanting another goose or two to start breeding them (probably because he just wanted to get a profit off of it). A lot of people in the area said theyā€™d also heard a new very loud goose call since then which was different from how his other goose sounded which could likely be her calling out for her partner, we are going back again today to check it out and ask some more people!

Without getting the law involved there will be no gate or goose or prosecution or change of heart for caravan man or any of his clan.
Iā€™ve said many times they wonā€™t get involved. The caravan guy is on the run anyway because thereā€™s a warrant out for his arrest so it doesnā€™t even matter if we report him because theyā€™re trying to arrest him anyway for a billion other charges, I doubt ā€œgoose theftā€ will scratch that list or make a difference. I know everyone wants me to contact the police but theyā€™ve made it very clear to us already that they wonā€™t lift a finger to help us in the slightest! Weā€™ve already been told before when calling them that we shouldnā€™t call them for ā€˜non urgentā€™ matters so weā€™ve just had to take it into our own hands. We are going out again to look for her today.

Back
Top Bottom