Bone protruding in neck?

I just got finished taking Peaches to the vet. The vet said the bone was just her breast bone. It's so pronounced right now because she's been walking with her head down. She said she was a just a little underweight and a little pale which led her to believe it could be some kind of parasite. She have me some medicine and was nice enough to include enough for the rest of my chicks. High hopes that she will improve soon! :)

I just got finished taking Peaches to the vet. The vet said the bone was just her breast bone. It's so pronounced right now because she's been walking with her head down. She said she was a just a little underweight and a little pale which led her to believe it could be some kind of parasite. She have me some medicine and was nice enough to include enough for the rest of my chicks. High hopes that she will improve soon!
smile.png
This is good news,hopefully you will see an improvement soon. It is very stressful when chicks are ill,and not knowing what the problem is.

Well I was excited to get off work and check on Peaches, I got home and she has somehow taken a turn for the worse. I don't know if she had a reaction to the medicine they gave her at the vet. She can hardly walk. She's very wobbly. It's awful... I have her back at the vet now to see what's going on. :(

I'm curious whatever happened with this condition? My 4 month old has the same symptoms. It's not an impacted crop, it's definitely the breast bone. She obviously isn't feeling well. Curious what you found out and if your girl made it?

I never was able to figure out what was going on. I gave her all the medicine I was told to give her. She never completely went back to normal. Unfortunately she didn't make it. :( she lived a few weeks but that was it. I hope your outcome is better then mine.

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry for your loss. I guess it's just going to be a waiting game. I know of a friend whose chicken swallowed a small piece of a fire cracker and was nursed for a month but didn't make it.

Hi all- our 2 month old pullet has a similar situation. Did anyone ever end up getting a correct diagnosis on what this is? Or any tips on how to treat it? Did anyone’s chicken survive this?

Hi all- our 2 month old pullet has a similar situation. Did anyone ever end up getting a correct diagnosis on what this is? Or any tips on how to treat it? Did anyone’s chicken survive this?
Hi AlmaChicken - I know this is an old post. But my 3 month old roo has the same thing. Started out of nowhere yesterday. He's not eating or drinking. His crop feels normal. But that huge lump (feels like bones) at his throat.
Did you figure out what was wrong with yours and if it was resolved? I hope so!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom