I hate it when authors add characters in just to kill them off.
As an author myself, I always ask: Is this character dying for a reason? And what is that reason?
If the answer is: Just because I want to cause my readers emotional pain *insert evil laugh*.
Then I need to rethink what the character is doing in the book, and if the character is even necessary to the plot.
And if an author is going to kill a character, it needs to be well done. There's almost nothing worse than a character dying in a less-than-par way.
It needs to leave you an emotional wreck.
No the character had purpose and meaning and she was the best and she had a great relationship with Katniss and I am already crying because this was so emotionally devastating that on my fourth time reading these damn books I still cry just thinking about it-

No the character had purpose and meaning and she was the best and she had a great relationship with Katniss and I am already crying because this was so emotionally devastating that on my fourth time reading these damn books I still cry just thinking about it-
Sounds like the author did a good job then
*sympathetic shoulder pat*

Have you ever read the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer? It's fairy tales retold in a futuristic setting and it's AMAZING.

Except don't actually throw books. Because books are precious
*strokes hoard of books*

Haven't read it, I heard that it was pretty gory.
Maybe I'll read it one day.
I mean, it does get gory, but it is absolutely a must read. @black_cat and I can’t stress enough that you MUST read it!! XD
You seriously connect with the characters, for example, I now know how to shoot a compound bow, just because I was so inspired by Katniss (and another series I read after that, The Ranger’s Apprentice, which again has characters who fight with bows (THIS IS ANOTHER MUST READ SERIES) )

Back
Top Bottom