Booker81's Meatie Thread - Four processed so far! (pics)

Here we are at 28 days. I wish I would have weighed them as I went - these guys are HEFTY!

So far, everyone is still thriving, eating and pooping like crazy. I've only expanded their pen to about 10x4 right now, but will make it about 10x6 or 10x8 soon, to accommodate another waterer. They aren't finishing off the 5 gallon waterer in 24 hours yet, but probably in the next week or so, they will. Picked up another 200lbs of feed today. They're starting to get lazier and not as hyper. I put in some extra shavings each day so they're staying pretty clean and content, laying around.

54632_28days.jpg

good grief look at those legs!
ep.gif
As sad as it is for me to say I actually want to do this again! maybe 10 next time ?
hu.gif
But I just ate the last of my 25 meaties we process last year:( Looks great Booker!!!

I'll start at 7 weeks. Since there are lot of them, and not a lot of me, I'll probably only do about 5 a day, and start with the largest ones. Last time, that got me a 5lb+ carcass on all cockerals, so since this is straight run, I'll be doing the boys first, and then the girls last, and aim for about the same weight, give or take (4.5-5lb+ carcass).

My 25 arrived this afternoon; they sent 26, one was DOA, the rest very healthy and vigorous. As soon as they arrived i opened their little box and put them in the brooder. They dashed right to the water and the feed and tanked up. Really vigorous babies. Cant wait to see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom