Boondocker Farms

PDurkin

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 27, 2010
Country boy at heart
Hey everybody, I was looking into getting some Ancona ducks and I heard that Holderreads sold his stock to them. I have been searching for them on google but can't find any contact information or a website. Anybody know how to get a hold of them? I'd really like to invest in some day olds this spring.

I believe that the owner of Boondocker has posted here on BYC, Try going to the duck section and searching on "Anconas" or "Boondocker". Maybe you can find his PM.

I'm pretty certain he has a website. Try searching for "Boondocker Farms Oregon". That should narrow the search. Some times adding the state will get you a site with a too common name.

Last edited:
I see that this is an old thread.

I ordered ducklings from these folks, then changed my mind, knowing I'd lose $15 if I cancelled my order. It's been over two weeks. Twice they said they get to my refund, but no action yet. So I emailed yet again and said just send me the ducklings. No response yet. I'm sure the babies will be nice, but the farms business practices and communication sure need improvement.

FYI, I only cancelled because I was going to keep my focus on chickens. But the ducks, if I get them, will fit in nicely.

Update - be careful of Boondocker Farms. I have received very little communication except empty promises to give me my refund. With no response, I said I would take ducklings if they weren't going to follow their own refund policy, but now I'm mad enough I don't want them. Going to file a complaint with paypal.

I understand it's me that changed my mind, but I read their policy before I bought, knowing I'd forfeit $15 if I cancelled my order.

Hm.

Final update. I filed a complaint resolution with Paypal. They responded pretty quick and I finally received my refund.
I have never bought from them but have heard similar responses in regards to them and their communication.
I also heard that they are now using Magpies to breed with their Anconas to "better" their flocks. When asked directly they refuse to respond. And several others have been asking over the course of the past month or so and no one has gotten an actual answer from them.... makes me wonder

Are they even still in business?
I tried to order from them since 4 weeks, but never got a response.
They do not answer e-mails, pick up the phone or return calls.
Unfortunately, they were the only company that offered sexed Ancona ducks on the West Coast ;-(
Any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom