Booted Bantam rooster stops crowing

Anonymous__

Chirping
Sep 6, 2021
My rooster stopped crowing a while ago everything else is normal and he is still energetic and eats and drinks normally and he is almost a year and a half old. Does anyone who why he suddenly stopped?

Have you tried deworming your chickens recently?

No, I got them when they were chicks at TSC they aren't vaccinated (I don't think they are at least). What does deworming do? They are mainly indoor chickens so they aren't exposed to much bacteria they also have dust baths and baths with water (if really dirty, not very often though).

No, I got them when they were chicks at TSC they aren't vaccinated (I don't think they are at least). What does deworming do? They are mainly indoor chickens so they aren't exposed to much bacteria they also have dust baths and baths with water (if really dirty, not very often though).
I was wondering if there might be worms or something? I don't know. By the sounds of it, you have two roosters that for whatever reason stopped crowing? I'm wondering if maybe there's something wrong with their throats? Are they being smoked around?

@Eggcessive @Swbertrand1 @aart

I was wondering if there might be worms or something? I don't know. By the sounds of it, you have two roosters that for whatever reason stopped crowing? I'm wondering if maybe there's something wrong with their throats? Are they being smoked around?

@Eggcessive @Swbertrand1 @aart
There's no smoke, they are the only species where they are except for humans and sometimes bunnies (under super vision). The astrolorp rooster has never crowed yet but the bantam used to crow a lot but his flock was all roosters so we could only keep him so he was alone (but was me a lot of the time) for a few months then I moved and raised some more chick to be his friends and they got a long. He hasn't crowed since we got the new chicks (they all live together peacefully now). He used to lay next to the brooder they were in (see through bin). There's some information if that helps. Also, how can I tell of they have worms?

Get you hands on them and examine them closely. Open the beak and look inside. Feel the body to see if they are fat or skinny, check for lice and look at the rear to see if there is an infection back there. See if the crop if hard or soft like a water balloon. Usually if a rooster stops crowing it is either because the dominant rooster won't allow him to crow, or the rooster is incubating some sort of illness.

Get you hands on them and examine them closely. Open the beak and look inside. Feel the body to see if they are fat or skinny, check for lice and look at the rear to see if there is an infection back there. See if the crop if hard or soft like a water balloon. Usually if a rooster stops crowing it is either because the dominant rooster won't allow him to crow, or the rooster is incubating some sort of illness.
Inside his mouth looks a normal pink color, he's average size, his rear is normal, his crop is soft, I just feed him so it feels mushy probably from the food. How do I check for lice?

Back
Top Bottom