Bored Chickens...how to entertain them?

Somewhere I heard of someone making a little teeter-totter for their chicks?? Sound like a lot of fun!
big_smile.png

I might have to try the ping pong ball on a string, and the teeter totter. I know it would be entertaining for me to watch them with those.

We move our runs every 2 weeks to fresh grass, and they always dig a bathing hole next to the coop or the fence. They also get grapes, watermelon and pea pods, and they sing all day, so I know they're not bored. I heard you should give them SEEDLESS grapes, is there something toxic in the seeds or are they just hard to digest?
cool.png

I had a giant zucchini that I split lengthwise and microwaved until it was a little soft. That seems to be keeping them entertained. Watching them eat it sure entertained me!

Ours like to watch t.v.!!!
lol.png

Now that they're not in the house anymore.... they come up on the porch and watch it through the screen door when we turn it on in the evening. This a.m. the kids left it open, and wouldn't ya know a little while ago one of the BO chicks came cluckin' in the house and went over to the t.v.!
roll.png

Now that they're not in the house anymore.... they come up on the porch and watch it through the screen door when we turn it on in the evening. This a.m. the kids left it open, and wouldn't ya know a little while ago one of the BO chicks came cluckin' in the house and went over to the t.v.!

This is funny!!
gig.gif

buy them a wide screen, a hd blueray player, surround sound, and a bag of worms...they'll probably only be interested in the worms but hey your chickens will be the hippest on the block...

I hang a green cabbage just high enough so they have to jump to get to it. Entertains them for hours, and is good for them, too.
wink.png

We put an old shoe in the coop and they had a blast with that for about 2 days. Then we tossed in an empty oatmeal paper tube and they have played with it for over a month. The hanging cabbage they enjoyed. A few wooden parrot toys hung from the ceiling. A rubber cat ball. We cut a few small limbs from trees and they played with those till nothing much was left. We hung some carrots from their roosting ladder and they spent a day playing and eating them.
We made them a hole in the center of the coop to play in and put different types of sands and dirt from all over the farm. We pull up clumps of grass every time it rains and throw it in. Let your imagination roll......
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom