IMG_3229.JPG

rosemarythyme

Scarborough Fair
5 Years
Jul 3, 2016
WA, Pac NW
My Coop
My Coop
The coop is about 80 sq. feet. I do not think the amount of space is the problem. We have 11 chickens. Any ways of keeping them entertained without treats?
Roosts/platforms they can get on top of, or anything they can walk around, through, up and down on. You can repurpose old patio furniture or cobble something together with scrap wood. An indoor dust bath, if one isn't available. Cut the strings on a bale of straw or hay, or dump a bag of dried leaves in a pile.

rosemarythyme

Scarborough Fair
5 Years
Jul 3, 2016
WA, Pac NW
My Coop
My Coop
Looks like possible picking.
Agreed but a slightly unusual spot for it. I wonder if it started due to overzealous grooming... a bird that's a sloppy eater can get feed on their throat feathers, and others will groom the feed off of them, and then start yanking out feathers along with the feed and eating them.

MysteryChicken

Gamefowl Are Awesome🐓🇺🇸, All fowls need love.
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2018
East, Tawas Michigan
Agreed but a slightly unusual spot for it. I wonder if it started due to overzealous grooming... a bird that's a sloppy eater can get feed on their throat feathers, and others will groom the feed off of them, and then start yanking out feathers along with the feed and eating them.
Yes, a weird place indeed.

That could be a possibility.

Top Bottom