Bored duck

Seriously? So if a duck gets hurt in an attack you'd throw it out in the snow? It's winter for most of us plus if a duck is injured it should be kept quiet, warm and segregated from the rest so it has a chance to heal.
I think she means that they're better when they're with their flock, when possible. Some injuries and conditions definitely require separation. I have a drake with an eye problem. Maybe an infection, vet isn't sure. I quarantined him for a few days, but he was definitely happier being with his flock. You do it your way. We all have to make judgment calls on our ducks, based on our conditions. Hope your ducky recovers quickly!

Your right they need their flock, but this duck is a miracle to be alive had some of the worst wounds I have seen. Keeping her from infection and warm and dry has been top priority here.[Vets rec] OP has done a fantastic job getting her where she is now. She has another thread about her attack and the amazing story of survival this duck and her caretaker has gone through.

I think she means that they're better when they're with their flock, when possible. Some injuries and conditions definitely require separation. I have a drake with an eye problem. Maybe an infection, vet isn't sure. I quarantined him for a few days, but he was definitely happier being with his flock. You do it your way. We all have to make judgment calls on our ducks, based on our conditions. Hope your ducky recovers quickly!
Oh, I'm not doubting that he'd be happier with his flock! But, as you did with your duck with the eye infection you brought him in and kept him warm, clean and safe so he could heal which he did thankfully.

All I was saying was you should do that and not just leave him outside where his flock mates might start picking at him, get his wounds dirty and hope for the best.

@Opal8 please link your original thread about your duck attack here so others can read how critical her wounds were and why you have her inside. Thanks. Wasn't there pictures too?

Back
Top Bottom