Borotto lumia 16 advice for incubation

Please don't use newspaper for flooring. It's slippery and can cause leg issues. Something like grippy shelf liner is much better, but if you don't have any of that, textured paper towels are better than newspaper.

I have the borotto Real 24, and I've had some really good hatches with it so far. I put several Govees in mine to keep track of temps and humidity, but the incubator itself seems to do a pretty good job of maintaining the temps. I sometimes adjust the temp up or down a tenth of a degree depending on what I see on the Govees. For peace of mind, I like having the extra thermometers/hygrometers.

In my location, filling one water tray seems to keep the humidity around 30 to 45%. On lockdown, I remove the red turning tray, pour 2-3 cups of water in the middle tray, put the hatching floor down, and fill up both of the side reservoirs. This seems to keep the humidity around 65%. If the humidity drops below 50% before the eggs pip, I carefully slip in some warm wet (new and un-used) sponges and that bumps the humidity back up to 60-65%. I had terrible results with the humidity pump that can be bought with the incubator, and I am now afraid to use it, but I am sure that results can vary with that.

Please don't use newspaper for flooring. It's slippery and can cause leg issues. Something like grippy shelf liner is much better, but if you don't have any of that, textured paper towels are better than newspaper.
Thank you :) I do know that tip. But the new newspaper is underneath for absorption and on top is old/weathered stuff that has more texture. I agree, if you just chucked them ontop fresh stuff they'd probably feel like they were at a ice rink 🤭

I didn't think about putting water into the center part, I'll have to try it next time as I noticed my humidity was a little low for some (browing of their membrane for hatch, unless that was the lower temp? I followed advice and dropped it to 37 degrees from 37.5)

I know this is an old thread, but I’m also having a hard time considering the company’s/instruction manual's claims Credible.
They seem be saying, “Don’t use a thermometer in the egg rack! our unit magically keeps the eggs at the right temperature regardless of the air temperature!"
And I ain’t buying it.
Any insight? @Nabiki ?

I know this is an old thread, but I’m also having a hard time considering the company’s/instruction manual's claims Credible.
They seem be saying, “Don’t use a thermometer in the egg rack! our unit magically keeps the eggs at the right temperature regardless of the air temperature!"
And I ain’t buying it.
Any insight? @Nabiki ?
Never, ever, trust even the best incubator's readings. The Borotto is good, but even so, mine isn't perfectly calibrated.

Never, ever, trust even the best incubator's readings. The Borotto is good, but even so, mine isn't perfectly calibrated.
So… Ignore their claims of super sciency stuff going on?

Attachments

• 166992AC-E51B-4DD7-9554-A1398799F327.jpeg
    166992AC-E51B-4DD7-9554-A1398799F327.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 7
Upwards of 90% hatch rate and still one/maybe two hatching. So if anyone find this thread and is in doubt about putting a hygrometer in and not following the manual about how much water to put in when, then I'd say go for it and see. I'm personally happy I put it in against recommendation by the company.
Also people are not kidding when they say baby quails are suicidal. Found three UNDER the newspaper flooring 🤦‍♀️
Congratulations on your hatch!
Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

My Borotto is about 1 degree off. 🤷
Glad yours worked. I set this one up last night, have its thermostat pegged at 104°, temps in the rails are 98-99°. Room is 69°, the Brinsea stayed around a degree off in same spot. With eggs already in the mail, I may have to go back to that Brinsea with its broken egg turner. Right now, I’m highly disappointed in Italian technology.

And I ain’t buying it.
Any insight? @Nabiki ?
Just do what they say, you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom