Boston Terrier Returned!

I am so glad you found yourself a Boston! We have our our little Boston girl "Allie" who is my 6 yr old sons best friend. She likes to bark at the chickens but that is all. Our Boxer "Jake" wants to eat the chickens and our mutt "Muttley" just ignores them! As soon as I can figure out how to post a pic of her I will!

100_5337.jpg

Here's our boy, Taz. I know he's not a good example of what the breed should look like, but he was a rescue and he's a great dog.
smile.png

My boston will be a year old in September. She definately is a big dog trapped in a little dogs body. Very active and what a personality. She has her downfalls; chases chickens, snores, has bad gas and luxated patella. I wouldn't trade her for the world though. She has brought so much joy and laughter into my life. Careful they like to sleep in your bed under the covers

33606_dscf0761.jpg

Here are some pics of my bostons. I have 2. Angel is 8 years old and Oreo her son is 3 1/2 years old.
Angel on left Oreo on right
S4200030.jpg

Oreo
FirstPicfromFuji084.jpg

Oreo again
FirstPicfromFuji002.jpg

They are wonderful dogs. I hope you enjoy yours.
Chris

You all are great, I love the pictures and your stories!!! It is about a 3 1/2 hour drive to where the puppies are, so I might make a drive to check them out and then a second to actually pick one up! I haven't seen any pictures, the owner does not have a computer, in fact she doesn't even have a cell phone or long distance phone carrier, so I call her!

My daughter has a BT and Spider is the love of our lives; he is just the most loving high energy little fellow, and snuggles and snores like a hog
love.gif
. . .we have a half BT and he is darling too, high energy, but you can tell that a guest speaker came in to visit the mama and left his mark. I would take one any day of the week . . .wonderful little dogs.

Quote:
WHY is that I wonder???? Mine does, too and one other person I know said hers does. No other breed I ever owned like to sleep under the covers - what is with these guys?

*I think it's adorable.*
hide.gif

One of the friendliest, better behaved dogs I ever had was a BT.

One of the most determined chicken killing dogs I ever saw was a BT.

I can't say much more than that.

I just had to chime in! We have two Bostons, three year old Zoey and one year old Zyna. They are so comical and very people oriented. My sister has two older BTs and our daughter has one. They are just that endearing and comical once you get to know one you are hooked!

I disagree with the high energy comments, they are not terriers ~they do love to play, but in spurts ~ almost as much as they love to snuggle and snooze. So a few rounds of fetch, some time wrestling or a run around the yard and they are ready for their next nap. They really are big dogs in a little dog body, I would describe them as confident and interested in everything.

They are very social and do not do well if left all by themselves for long periods of time, they need a human or other companion animal to keep them company. As for chickens, Zoey the oldest is obsessed with ours, but Zyna the youngest doesn't even notice them ~ so there you go depends on the dog!

Congrats on finding a Boston! We adore ours. She was a rescue, a year old when we got her. She sleeps under the covers like everyone elses! I had no idea that was a breed trait! LOL! We never thought we'd have a Boston. We aren't "little dog" people, but they really don't give you a chance to not fall in love with them.
love.gif

Mine chased (and caught) a chicken the first week I had her. I chased her down (chicken was unhurt) and yelled at her and shook her collar. It broke her heart. She has never ever chased another chicken again. I have left her in the yard to guard the chickens when they were younger, and she would protect them from hawks, snakes, and my overly curious cat. She does the morning patrol with me to check on every one, and has broken out of the house and over the fence to chase off dogs that have come on to the property to have a nice chicken meal.

The worst thing about Bostons, that I have found, is that a fence will not keep them in. However, they will rarely leave unless they aren't fixed, or someone/thing they love is in danger. Of course, if you leave them outside 24/7 they will find their own fun.
hu.gif
Ours is a house dog, but has a dog door. She doesn't leave, even though she can, unless something is wrong. We have a 4 foot chainlink that is a joke to our 13 pound female. You need a 6 foot wooden privacy, at a minimum, if you want to leave them outside and not have to worry. All that being said, they are easily trainable and very much a people-pleaser. Have clear-cut rules of acceptable behavior, and they will be a wonderful dog!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom