1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Both hens are laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kittragsd, Dec 24, 2015.

1. kittragsd

kittragsd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2015
    Well, we were thrilled when Cherry, our cherry egger hen, gave us our first egg a couple days ago. Now, Buffy, our buff orphington hen has laid her first as well. We have waited for this for months and now we have our Christmas gifts from our wonderful hens. The color difference between the eggs let us know who laid them. So, here's another picture of both our eggs :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cel45

Cel45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Congrats, we are still waiting for our second hen, technically still a pullet, I guess, to lay. Both are 28 wks on Sunday. Tilley, our laying hen has been laying since the 3rd with only one day off. Billy, the slacker is starting to become more red, but comb and wattles still fairly small for a Production Red. It is a great Christmas present, enjoy.

3. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    YAY! Congratulations!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by