Botulism? Has anyone had a bird survive?

californiachick74

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern California
I have a sick chicky. She is 6 weeks old today and I have no real idea how she has contracted botulism. Its so sad. I ahve seperated her from the other 10 chicks I have. I have already been in contact with someone here on the message boards and they have been great in helping me diagnosis my chicky. Im just looking for any ideas from anyone who has gone through this and hopefully their chicky survived. The more I become educated the better off my little "moonlight" will be. Please inform me as to what I am to expect to see her experience. So far she has developed only the "hooked" neck making it hard for her to stand. Please if you have been through this leave me a message. Help educate me. DOes anyone have any idea how she could have contracted this. My chicks are only 6 weeks old and we just moved them into the garage from the house a few days ago. They have been confinded to there box. I keep it as clean as I can. The only other change is we have eliminalted the pine shavings and have now added straw.
sad.png

For the sake of getting the best advice, you might want to paste a link of the other discussion thread where you were given this diagnosis. That might help the resident experts give you better info.

Good luck.

Oops, Actually, I meant place a link HERE for the rest of us to see what has been discussed.
wink.png
Otherwise some re-inventing of the wheel might occur.

Good luck!
smile.png

I think I may be losing her. She isnt drinking and eating willingly like yesterday. Her nuerological state seems to be getting worse. She has started "standing on her head" like in the corners of the box. I have started giving her vitamin E like someone recommeneded and now am having to give her water through a syringe. My poor little moonlight! Its so horrible. I wish I knew of a quick fix for her to make her all better again. She misses her sisters...anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom