Botulism.. Marek’s disease?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 9
We have kept them inside exclusively and been fastidious about cleanliness in their cages
No the DuMor is their main feed, and it’s mainly crumbles, through we had done pellets for a little while. The Flock Party are just treats and they’re usually mealworm, sunflower, raisin, crickets, corn kernels, and peanuts.
Try cutting back on all the treats and focus on their main feed. Provide oyster shell free choice.

I would still give B-Complex too.

Too many treats can dilute their daily nutritional intake, so this is where I would start.

Try cutting back on all the treats and focus on their main feed. Provide oyster shell free choice.

I would still give B-Complex too.

Too many treats can dilute their daily nutritional intake, so this is where I would start.
Thank you for the advice! I definitely will cut back. I tend to spoil animals, but I can totally understand where that would end up being a bad thing. So there’s a chance it’s just a vitamin issue?

Thank you for the advice! I definitely will cut back. I tend to spoil animals, but I can totally understand where that would end up being a bad thing. So there’s a chance it’s just a vitamin issue?
It's hard to know if her problem is a deficiency or something more serious like Marek's.
Vitamin therapy may help.

So, I posted a few days ago about a five month old BR that seemed to be getting sick. I thought she was getting better.. thought maybe she was just adjusting to the cold temps or maybe was just about to start laying and was in a bit of pain. That’s definitely not the case. I went out to give the girls a treat this morning and make sure their water hadn’t froze over, and noticed my BR wobbling a lot. She would stand there picking at something, and then just kinda lean back and stumble. I’ll attach a couple videos. Her poop was also a bit runny, and didn’t look normal. She’s eating and drinking still, but I’m getting relatively worried... also not sure if I should be separating her from the others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Videos of BR wobbling below. I put it on Reddit because That was the easiest way to attach it.

her poop was bright green today. Should I start worrying? If this is Marek’s... is my whole flock going to die? None of the others are showing any signs whatsoever.

Attachments

• 78743904-25AC-465B-9F22-AA7408D2267B.jpeg
    78743904-25AC-465B-9F22-AA7408D2267B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
her poop was bright green today. Should I start worrying? If this is Marek’s... is my whole flock going to die? None of the others are showing any signs whatsoever.
Has any of your feed gotten moldy inside the feeders?

Green may be that she's not eating well. Are you checking her crop at night to see that it's got food in it and the re-checking in the morning that it's empty?

One bird in a flock may become symptomatic with Marek's, while others may never show symptoms.
Is she worse today?

Green may be that she's not eating well. Are you checking her crop at night to see that it's got food in it and the re-checking in the morning that it's empty?

One bird in a flock may become symptomatic with Marek's, while others may never show symptoms.
Is she worse today?
I guess moldy feed is possible, but I check the food every day, and I haven’t seen it get moldy. That being said, I could’ve missed it. I haven’t checked her crop, I’ll definitely go do it now and keep an eye on it. She doesn’t seem to be any worse today. In fact, she came up to the coop door when I opened it this morning.

Is she worse today?
It’s not empty. If anything it felt a little hard.

Back
Top Bottom