BOTULISM???

Huh! That's cool. Gail only put the two I listed in her book
idunno.gif
Oh well, made for much easier typing
big_smile.png
Lots of misinformation in her book.
sad.png

-Kathy

Hm, is there. Maybe I will get to take over for her someday!
yesss.gif
All my friends call me chicken freak, and it is in every way true
smile.png

Hm, is there. Maybe I will get to take over for her someday! :yesss:  All my friends call me chicken freak, and it is in every way true :)  

Yes, lots of misinformation. :( The best way to verify information is to find multiple credible sources that say roughly the same thing.

-Kathy

Hi, I have an emergency. My bantam chochin was suddenly unable to get up. She is so fluffy. I soaked her in warm bath, and I just realized that she is so skinny.
Anyway, she is still alert and she doesn't look pale. She just doesn't want to get up. Her neck is also not droopy. I don't know what it is.
I want to rule out Marek because I did not see any symptoms that point to it.
I am trying to remember what I did differently this week: (1) instead of changing water daily, i changed the water once in 3 days. Also, the bin for fermentation, I usually scrubbed clean for every use, this time I did not.
Do you think that the bacteria was caused from any of these, if it is Botulism?

Question:
The epsom salt flush -- how much PER serving should I administer? How many times/day?

Feeding: she wouldn't eat, even when I offered her mealworms. So i syringe feed her.
How much time after feeding di I administer the flush? What kind of food? Right now I am feeding her dry food + egg yolk.

Electrolytes: She seems lethargic. Should I also give this to her?

What I want to know is, the timing of each step that I should give. Obviously she can't eat everything all at once, right?

Please help!!!!
Thank you!!

Did your chicken survive? If so, what did you do? What helped? x

Back
Top Bottom