Bought a plucker

Congrats on a great buy!! I am lucky enough to get to use my Uncles commercial grade plucker. It sure works slick. I have to bring my birds to his place when I am ready to butcher. I have only used it this one time but trust me once you use one you will never go back to plucking by hand!!

I've seen that plucker on Ebay and a few other sites. It looks cool and now that
a fellow BYCer has tested it I want one more. For $300 it seems like a reasonable
unit.

Thanks for posting.

Quote:
The Wizbang looks like it works great. The trouble I have is the size of it and storage.
No one seems to make them commercialy and buying one that some yahoo put together
in his back yard is not appealling to me. Heck, you can't even find one used.

DH could build one BUT..........he built the coop, the run, perches and nesting boxes. Plus numerous other projects. DW thinks he needs to go fishing! So............I guess I want to buy one.

Someone on this forum who is so inclined could likely make some big bucks building whiz bangs!

Quote:
I feel the same way your Hubby does. The to-do list is just too long.

You are right about a BYCer building and selling wizbangs or coming up with
their own design. That would be great.

Quote:
I think the chicken would just stick to the side, like clothes do in a washer. In a WhizBang, the bottom plate spins while the sides remain stationary (I have the book on building one).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom