Bought these at an auction!! what are they lol

Quote:
Wow - that looks like a black breasted red Cubalaya...but at an AUCTION????
ep.gif

I have sold at auction black breasted red cubalays,Sandhill sent in my Assorted Chickens I ordered.Also black leghorns wich was also sold at auction as i only wanted a few sussex so had to get at lest 25.

I kinda thought that the comb looked like a messed up pea comb. The rest of the bird looks fairly right though...and I don't see the rose comb spike..??

Last edited:
Looking at the comb my first guess is a wyandotte mix maybe. The second one has the coloration of some of my Columbian wyandotte mixes (my columbian roo has fathered some really beautiful mixed breed chicks). Especially my little columbian X partridge rock chicks ...

I am no expert but these are just my guesses

Not all rose combs have a perfect spike. Take Wyandottes for example.
wink.png

Pea combs are more narrow in front, and either widen as they go back or are the same width. This one is clearly wider in front, and has the bumps all throughout, especially on the outside like a rose comb. And it tapers in the back like a rose comb.

The second black and white one is barred, just to clear the confusion on its color
wink.png

The first one with the rose comb is either Wheaten or BBR in color, and if there's Wyandotte in there, it's a very poor quality/hatchery Wyandotte, making the other parent also quite thin in body and large in tail. I do think there may be some Wyandotte in there though, as hatchery type are pretty common
wink.png
It's the color that throws me off though.

Back
Top Bottom