Bourbon Red and Royal Palm Turkeys

Too funny Steve - I have all my packages delivered now with the Note on it: The Turkeys Don't BITE because they're free range and he displays at EVERYTHING that moves.

Well if I hear of anyone going your way I WILL rope them into bringing me back poults. Otherwise I'll just have to bite that bullet and get this incubating thing down pat.

Hugs to you both. Cher

Quote:
Asheville is to high up for us lowland people.
smile.png
We haven't been out that way in years. You don't know anybody coming to the beach this year do you? We had quite a few people stop by last year on the way home, and one that picked up some poults on the way down (they weren't coming back the same way), they said they even took the poults down to the beach, we were supposed to get pics but never did, I bet they were classics. I could just picture that on an NC beach vacation add "come to the beach in NC, don't mind the turkeys"

Steve

Cher,
If you can get chicken eggs to hatch you can do turkeys. We use the same settings for chicken and turks in our sportsman and it works fine. The turkeys hatch about day 27 instead of 28 but that is because the temp is just a little higher than recommended.

Steve

Well Steve, this is my second attempt at incubation, the first was a bust. If I fail at this one I'm not at all confident that I can hatch anything with my lack of expertise and my homemade ugly bator. But, if you can incubate them together with chickens then Ione said she's love to try some, so we may go that route when she has space in her GQF.

So I may still have a chance at your birds
smile.png

Quote:
We have had great hatches with ours. About a month ago we had some cancels on shipping due to weather so I threw the eggs in the incubator, they are hatching like popcorn right along with chicks.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom