Bourbon Red eggs going into the 'bator

ohiofarmgirl

Songster
11 Years
Jan 22, 2009
ok i'm giving up on Bourbon Red hen #2.. she's up....she's down..she's up... she's down.... enough. we just did a raid on her nest and we grabbed all but two eggs and just put them in the 'bator. not sure if this is going to work or not but we might as well give it a go.

hen#1 has her down and has her fluffy bottom firmly on her nest with about 15 eggs under her. she is doing great. from time to time she peeps around the corner to see what is going on. i have food and water nearby and no one else is trying to get into her nest.

hen#3 is still running around like some kind of banshee and is showing no interest in the lovely nest box i built her. sigh. well... we call her Runner for a reason but if she keeps this up we'll have to call her dinner.

wish me luck this is our first try with an incubator!

fl.gif
Good luck - sending happy hatching vibes your way. We've had good results with turkey eggs in the 'bator. Better than under the hens due to crow problems.

thanks!

hey steve - i feel like i have to send countryboy88 an open letter about the most recent tom incident.heh heh heh...it including the rather unexpected turn of events where TurkZilla chased Dog #2 OUT of their yard.. thru the gate...down the hill.. around... and around... and ... well you know.

the way it was supposed to happen was that Dogs 1 and 2 were supposed to hot step TZ into the coop.. but it all went wildly wrong....

and yes Dog #1 and i were at the top of the hill laughing ourselves silly.....until that darn tom came screaming up the hill at us! hee hee hee oh geez this breeding season had better get over quick...

yay the egg turner is doing its job! whee! are they turkeys yet?

Back
Top Bottom