1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bourbon Red turkeys available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenannie, Jan 16, 2010.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I have 3 Bourbon Red toms and 3 hens available. These are for breeding pairs (not for dinner!).
    They are 5-6 months old and will be ready for hatching eggs very early this Spring, though they are not proven yet.
    I'm asking $35 each or $70 for a pair. I am in southeastern Pa., not far from Reading and Lancaster.
    I want them to go to good homes, so if you are a first-time turkey owner, please be aware that these are heritage turkeys that need a lot of space and can fly. They don't have to be free-range, but they do well if you can range them. You can do lots of research on BYC to find out if you have the right space for them.
    I will probably be putting an ad in the paper next week, but I wanted to tell BYCers first if anyone's interested. I'd like to have them picked up in the next week or two so they'll get adjusted to their new home before Spring breeding season begins.
    Please PM if you are interested.

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    How far are you from Binghamton, NY? BTW I love the picture...the little guy struting his stuff with the big toms and the hen peeping around the corner......I bet she's rolling her eyes at them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by