Bow legged

@RJKnott , How is your duckling doing? Did you have a chance to get some B complex?

picked some up yesterday

today he is hisNorma self. Just finds a spot and sits. So will keep at it and see how he responds over the next few days

thanks all for all points of view on this. I want my ducks to be healthy and happy and if I need to take special steps with him as he grows to let him be happy I just need to know what to do

So here is Nibbler
His legs are so far apart
My other duck, Peep, his left leg is a bit turned inwards still but they are closer together more directly under him and he walks just fine

Nibbbler here, his are wider apart and bow legged still. This is an improvement over when I got him as his legs were basically sideways. But he can just take a few steps before he sits down. And his stomach gets so dirty cause he doesn’t move much. Just takes a few steps and sits in the dirt or mud wherever he is and eats the grass around him

got him to swim in the pond at least. Hoping some exercise may help him

3D87263D-B495-4C88-99A3-48E73E41DCB3.jpeg
670A5D10-07FB-4735-A386-35CA8A131F53.jpeg

Yes he gets it every day.
when he was a little duckling his legs were basically sideways so I think his legs bother him When he walks too much

Yes he gets it every day.
when he was a little duckling his legs were basically sideways so I think his legs bother him When he walks too much

It'll take longer to correct the longer they've had it. Just keep administering the B and hopefully he'll heal up soon enough.

Nibbler has been able to walk a bit more each day. He normally could take 5-10 steps before sitting down for a while. He was able to walk about 1/4 way across the yard today before having to sit down.The vitamin B seems to be helping him and his legs seem to be getting stronger

And I’ve got them in the pond finally! Nibbler stays near the bank but peep swims and dives and zips around. But never gets too far away from Nibbler. He’s very protective of Nibbler.

Back
Top Bottom