Bow legged

See how the knees are twisted out but the ankle is still in line with the leg? I guess what I'm envisioning is just the foot twisted. Well op, do your ducks knees point out like in the picture?
When i first got him it was like the entirety of both legs were put on sideways. Now the left has straightened out more than the right but overall looks like that picture. Tomorrow I will try to get a picture of him standing

Main thing here is getting this duckling on the liquid b complex if it’s a niacin deficiency the b complex will def help. We could sit here all day an go back an forth but trying to help is our main goal right? Liquid b complex has helped so many duckling get over leg problems. Defiantly worth trying.

B complex is always worth a shot but its not a general leg tonic. It just hurts my heart when people come to byc with a leg problem and leave thinking they have a magic cure then turns out b complex did not solve the issue.

True not every leg problem can be fixed with liquid b complex. But if you read the experienced they will say most leg problems are due to niacin deficiency and it is first approach I believe especially for any who can’t take their duckling etc to a vet. Of course genetics,birth defects are always a concern too. Incubator off when hatching eggs. But there have been so many helped by starting the liquid b complex. It will always be my first recommendation. Along with warm water therapy and gentle exercise. No not all can be helped and it’s heart breaking but we have to try all we can.AND catching the problem quickly is another thing that helps recovery if niacin deficiency.

I agree with your post except you said most leg problems are from niacin deficiency. When in fact only one leg problem is from niacin. I know it sounds like I'm being a jerk and splitting hairs but people need to realise that currled toes, twisted feet can be caused by high humidity durring incubation ect. Not to mention any other type of unrelated foot problem. Sure its worth trying b3 just to rule it out but its expecialy agrivating when the op says they are feeding duck starter with brewers yeast on top and the response from the bcy community is b complex. Appoligies to the Op as I'm responsible for derailing your thread, i hope your duck gets better.

Back
Top Bottom