box full if illegals

EL BANDITO

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Hi all new on yhe site had chickens growing up moved to the big d had a little one wanted her to enjoy them so we moved out but not far enough still city ordnances against them but got them anyways bought 6 little red production hens mother in law says they are all roosters haters gonna hate any advice on keeping them quiet and happy fyi my little girl loves them so I'll move before giving up her chicks any low profile coop ideas I have so many questions I'll just keep it at that for right now thanks in advance for all the advice

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You might want to check out the Laws forum for suggestions on getting your ordinances changed www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-amp-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them
check out the Coops section, lots of coop ideas, tractors might be something to look into, they tend to be low to the ground and are movable www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
You can post pictures in the What Breed Or Gender Is This forum for help figuring out if your chicks are roosters or hens, https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
If you do have roosters, unfortunately there is no good way to keep them from crowing.
You might also like to check out the BYC Learning Center, lots of good articles on all aspects of chicken keeping. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

images

Welcome to BYC!

Kelsie has really left you with some good reading on getting you started on this adventure. And yes, all those roosters are going to be fighting with each other. So you may need to either rehome them or send them to the stew pot.

Welcome to our flock and enjoy yours!

Thanks for all the great advice I was just kidding about them being roosters my mother in law is just hating on my ladys well at least I hope so they where all in the pullets tub but I guess we all know thats not 100% thanks agian though for all the info

Back
Top Bottom