Box of dead chicks

Im so deeply sorry your experience has been so horrible with mail order chicks. I can assure you they are not all like that.i can imagine how afraid you would be to do it again (and i cant blame you a bit) but dont think all orders will end up awful. As i mentioned earlier i was very fearful because my 11 chicks were coming from Ohio and i live in California.i ordered in December and pick my ship time for April because of the fairly mild weather.i got my chicks THE NEXT DAY after shipping(express ship) they were kept warm by a long lasting heating pack under the packing straw. All 11 survived (thank God) and are doing well and laying for me today. My experience with Meyer Hatchery was absolutely wonderful.the chicks were healthy without defects, they went the extra mile and sent a heat pack, they were expressed,there was great care into packaging that i could tell. I was so afraid to open my package at first because its such a long trip and i was so greatful to see them alive, warm and well packaged. They NEVER ship unwanted males for warmth like other places INSTEAD they use a heating pack. Honestly i wish all hatcheries would use one because it makes a big difference as the chicks stay warm in shipping. If you ever consider ordering again, you might consider Myers. They are a bit more in shipping than other hatcheries but i believe its still very reasonable for how they ship and in the long run very much worth it.if your not close they will express ship and it usually will be next day morning or afternoon. In my case it was next afternoon. If you order early you have a HUGE selection and you can pick your arrival date.most folks dont have their chicks shipped as far and through as many states as mine were but i couldnt have been more pleased at the care Meyers showed the chicks in the shipping process.Also healthy stock makes a big difference. You can never control the USPS factors but if they are carefully boxed with warmth it certainly helps.Again im so sorry this happened.if you ever decide to do it again make sure they ship with the warmth. I believe My Pet Chicken and Meyers both ship that way. It really does make a difference. I can understand if you never want to mail order again but if you ever do, keep that in mind . Again im so sorry this happened to you. Thats so sad and horrible.

How did you get a refund from the post office? i ordered chicks from a hatchery that can't express. One time because i must have passed by a great po worker i got them next day the next time i had a box of 70 dead or close to death chicks that were ice cold. 3 shipment went well again. But i asked the hatchery about the 100.00 insurance which wouldnt cover it but i was told they dont pay. Is it because of the location of the hatchery?

I just wanted to say sorry for your original loss. I am glad the new order is going well.
I live near Houston, and not sure what main hub your mail goes through. I have read that the Houston main hub has a bad reputation in regards to live poultry. Many orders have perished while waiting to be scanned into the system. There was an investigation a while ago, and they apparently closed one facility.
Because of this I am so scared to order any chicks. So I feel for you. Again, I am sorry about you horrible experience, I know it would have broken my heart.

Back
Top Bottom