Boxes To Ship Eggs

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
Where do you guys get boxes for shipping eggs?

The post office is on to me. I used to take the free priority mail boxes and turn them inside out. But now they have the inside covered with printing and I was told that the box would go at the one price shipping rate even if inside out, because it is recognizable as one of those boxes.

If I have plain box and send eggs priority, it is slightly cheaper, so that I can send a bigger box and can get a tracking number and insurance for the same price as using the next size down one-price box without tracking number or insurance.

Why not use the Priority Mail boxes? I do all the time, just not the flat rate ones (unless flat rate is cheaper than by weight where the box is going). Not all Priority Mail boxes are flat rates. There are plain Priority 2-3 Day mail and then there are the Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes, two different types. No need to turn inside out.

Last edited:
I use priority flat rate boxes and find its cheaper and easier. Plus I have an account online with the post office so I pay for and print my shipping labels at home which gives me a discount, that makes them even less expensive. Its nice knowing that I will pay the exact same amount every time, so I know what to charge my customers.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom