Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bourbon red is a boy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

libarena

Songster
Jul 15, 2018
Nashville, TN
I don’t know if these two are old enough to tell but i’m curious to know what you guys think. boys? girls? and how old?

3D1D0006-A6EE-4C36-8164-36978552DC63.jpeg
61EF317E-5C74-4C47-A01C-793DE5A15289.jpeg

Attachments

• 173303AC-C766-4D6E-A0D4-0E59F1DC85F9.jpeg
    173303AC-C766-4D6E-A0D4-0E59F1DC85F9.jpeg
    743.1 KB · Views: 7
I don't know how old they are but look female to me if they are 4-6 weeks old like ours. We can tell that the males are much more heavily caruncled and have a large wattle, plus their face is more reddish. The females have very tiny wattles and the caruncles are smaller.

Haha so long as you enjoy them. Just wanted to let you know color variety wise, they are not what you were told they are. Definitely not a bourbon red but a bronze, it could carry a red gene so then it would be a red bronze. Royal palms are STRICTLY black and white, ANY other hints of color is a breed standard disqualification. It's not rare, many many people pass these muttly gene birds as royal palms. If it is indeed carrying a red gene, it is a semi pencilled calico, genotype code b1b1cgcgnnRrPnpn.

Haha so long as you enjoy them. Just wanted to let you know color variety wise, they are not what you were told they are. Definitely not a bourbon red but a bronze, it could carry a red gene so then it would be a red bronze. Royal palms are STRICTLY black and white, ANY other hints of color is a breed standard disqualification. It's not rare, many many people pass these muttly gene birds as royal palms. If it is indeed carrying a red gene, it is a semi pencilled calico, genotype code b1b1cgcgnnRrPnpn.
That’s so interesting. No biggie for me. I’m not going to any competitions. They’re just gonna dink around in my yard for the rest of their lives ahaha. Impressive that you know all the different names for them. Maybe one day I will learn! ahaha

I would start with draining the sinuses. Apply pressure under eyes and slowly ease fingers forward towards beak to drain it. I used tylan for treatment. I can't remember dosage, injection straight into sinus once its drained as well as orally.

The first picture is of a bronze and not a bourbon red. They both look like hens to me but they are a bit young and that could change lol. That "royal palm" isn't quite a true royal palm. They should only be black and white and that looks to have an extra creamy red color to it. It carries pencilling as well.
I was thinking the same thing. Here’s my bronze at 8 weeks
3BDCA7B6-8DD3-4E41-A0D1-742B3E01F497.jpeg
it was HOT today!

Back
Top Bottom