Boy or girl?

I have 4 eight week old ducks, which I received from Metzer as sexed females. 2 of them are exhibiting behavior of males: my white and black runners. The white duck has a hoarse voice and the black runner is almost silent when she quacks, it sounds like a whisper. The white duck also has a couple tail feathers that aren't flush with the tail, but not curly. Watch the video and see what you think. https://www.reddit.com/user/Gullibl...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
This worries me for what was supposed to be an all-female order. When did you start to suspect the possibility of male(s)? My ducks from Metzer are now 4.5 weeks.

This worries me for what was supposed to be an all-female order. When did you start to suspect the possibility of male(s)? My ducks from Metzer are now 4.5 weeks.
It was around 6 weeks or so when I started being suspicious. My white runner is by far growing the quickest but "she" doesn't have a quack, it sounds more like a honk or a squeal as in the video and there's also the tail feather. The black one doesn't make any sound at all when she quacks. It's a silent whisp that comes out, whichbive also read is indicative of a male getting it's voice. We will see in the next couple weeks. The white one's voice was a little more developed today and I heard a solid honk. Metzer is doubtful it's a male though.

Back
Top Bottom