14 Years
Apr 19, 2007
These are my little chickies
RIR and barred rock.
They will be 6 weeks on Wednesday

I was hoping someone could help me figure out if they are boys or girls
im pretty sure 2 of the RIR are roos
please let me know what you think??

also at the bottom are the two birds I "adopted" yesterday- adopted meaning someone found them and gave them to me.

RIR1
RIR1.jpg

RIR2
RIR2.jpg

RIR3
rir3.jpg

BR 1
barredrock1.jpg

BR2
barredrock2.jpg

BR3 - I couldnt get it to sit still long enough to take a decent pic- the comb on this one is low like #2

These are the two that found me yesterday- anyone any clue to what breeds they are??

newchickens3.jpg

Boy
Boy
Girl
Boy (if the comb is really pink like in the pics at six weeks)
Girl, probably

Are the white ones with black flecks California Whites or something like that? Maybe I have the wrong breed name, but maybe someone can correct me. These are what I'm thinking of:
http://www.welphatchery.com/EggLayerTypes/California_Whites.asp

Last edited:
thanks everyone
Im glad you think the rocks are girls
I was really really hoping that they were, they are so pretty and sweet.

RIR 1 = boy
RIR 2= boy
RIR 3= girl
BR 1 = boy (all my chicks who have had that pink of comb at 6 weeks have turned out to be boys, no matter what the breed)
BR 2 = girl

thanks everyone

I managed to get the adopted chickens to come close yesterday for treats- who knew waxworms would warm the hearts of chickens and ducks hehehe-

anyway
the white chicken w/ the black speckles that unfortunately everyone seems to think is a roo
has pale green ears.

what does that mean??

My suggestion is to try to post other pics of the two adoptees. They both look like hens to me. If the white one has black flecks, it could be an Ideal 235 or what ever they call their leghorn cross line. The other one looks like either a new hampshire or production red. As for your chicks, top two RIR are roos, rest look like hens. That one barred rock does have a pink comb, but the feathering screams hen to me.

Back
Top Bottom