Boys names are so easy to pick! but girl names are another story

I FOUND ONE I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

JULIA!

Quote:
It makes me wonder that 50-80 years from now, "Madisyn" and "Camryn" and "Katelyn" (in all of its incarnations) are going to be considered "little old lady names" like Hazel and Maude are considred today.

Exactly.

Seems when I was looking for names I had no problem coming up with girls names. My favorite was Kaylee Erin. Wouldn't you know all my kids (3) are boys.

My last name is Irish and is 5 letters. I chose Irish first name for all my boys.

Kevin
Shane
Bryan

Each of their middle names are 7 letters. I didn't actually plan that, but I think it is cool.

I have always felt bad for the kids with long 1st names when they 1st start writing and spelling.

I have definitely heard some interesting names. I think the most interesting a teacher told me (and I won't remember this correctly) was something like Lee-a. The teacher all year called this little girl Lee ah. Mom came in at the end of the year and was truly angry at the teacher. The little girl had never said anything, but her name is said Lee dash a.
th.gif

i actually hated pickign out names for my girls. icould pick out boys names that i liked no problem. i have 3 girls.no boys. ugh. so, yeah. i do have a boy name picked out now too.. but i don't really want any more children at this point. i have the boy name for now.. after my father has been sick. so.. i will not say it.. cuz i am NOT gonna share
smile.png

girl names are not easy for me to pick out. im rather picky. we were gonna go with josephine.. or josie.then all of a sudden, DH decided no. lol. i also like Sophia or Sophie. but that's me lol

Cecelia, (my grand daughters name)
Harlie ( my other grand daughters name)
Brandie (loved this name)
Michelle
Pamela
Diane
Rosa
Lily
Allison
these are a few that we were throwing around when my DD was pregnant and the two that we picked.

lol Girl names are sooo much easier than boy names.

I am one of those wierd people that will have long orignal names for their kids though. I hate boring and plain.

The only boy name I really like is Xavier. 'Zay'

Can't think of too many girls names right at the minute but here are some....

Angeliese (pronunced Ann-gel-Leese)
Ramie (pronounced Ray-Me)
Amorette (means little love)
Evelyn
Alaula (pronounced Ah-Lay-La) Not sure I like this name anymore. But it's not common.

I also like the name Elegance.... Which isn't really a name. But... well you could call her Ellie.
wink.png

I used to really like Gracie (May as middle name). But now I'm thinking not so much. Maybe as a middle name. But not a first.

Hmm can't think of any more just now. But I have quite a few more.

I heard a beautiful name the other day. But can't remember it.
he.gif
It started with an A.

Last edited:
I know a girl named Quinessence Valencia, another named Miracle Barbie, yet another named Vashti. No typical name in there. I know boys named Raoshadon, River Banks
roll.png
and I have a great great uncle whose name was Sinas Record....yet again very atypical names. That said:

How about,
Claire
Addison
Liana(pronounced Lee ohn a)
Riley
or
Cynthia

Back
Top Bottom