Boys names are so easy to pick! but girl names are another story

chickenlover54

Henely Hatchery
10 Years
May 20, 2009
Northern Illinois
Before you go any further read the bold!
I hope you all read this in a humorous way! Please no one take offense to any comments I make about any names.

My sister is thinking about having another kid and yesterday we were talking and we start naming some good names. We named like 20 names and realized we hadn't said any girls names!!!!
gig.gif
Honestly, I can't think of one girls name I like. Can you guys help me out and name some good girls names.
idunno.gif

Here is a SHORT list of boys names I like

Micheal
Kory (Allen[middle name])
Elliot
Brandon
Tanner
Connor
Jordan
Channing
Dylan

I could go on for awhile

Last edited:
Dh piceked my dd's name,but I know if I ever have any other kids they will be Matt or Emma. Those names just came to me many years ago,and I think that often happens. I like unique names,but not so much the unique spelling of common names.

I also like looking through the family tree at the first and middle names of relatives from long long ag:hmmurs though would be odd for you as they are from Euro countries.
Some girls from my kids school that come to mind:

Emily
Shaylee
Hanna
Elsie

Quote:
I had a very bad experience with an Emily when I was younger so no
My cousins name is Shayla, too close to the same name
I have a friend named Hannah
I don't like Elsie because I couldn't imagine a 50 year old woman named Elsie, it would be a good name for a little girl but they grow up eventually
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I hope you all read this in a humorous way! Please no one take offense to any comments I make about any names.
I don't like Desiree
My aunts name is Amanda
I know 2 people named Cheyenne
Rose reminds me of that girl from 2 1/2 men and I hate her
January is a month, not a name
I don't like Nicole but Nicky is ok
LOL you put my 2 least favorite names together; Beth and Anne to make the ultimate worst name
I already talked about Kyra 2 posts up
Can you imagine a 50 y.o named Starr? No.

I work at an elementary school and I see many unusual girls names such as boys' names spelled with a "y" or "I" to make them more feminine, president names, states and of course just plain made up names. Personally, I like the old fashioned names a little better.

Examples

Boys names spelled different

Jasyn
Camryn
Jeszie
Alyx

President names

Kennedy
McKenzie or Makenzie
Madison or Madisyn
Tyler or Tylyr
Taylor

States

Dakotah
Montana
Nevada
Carolina

there are lots of girls names

Jessica (Jess)
Sarah
Emily
Kimberly
Kathryn
Jennifer (idk if i spelt that right or not lol)
Linda
Rosemarie
Annemarie
Shaemaree
Freyja
Rachel
Shannon
Abby
Amber
Rebecca
Carly
Clair
Emma
Hannah
Isabella
Julia
Kate
Elizabeth
Natalie
Vanessa

Quote:
It makes me wonder that 50-80 years from now, "Madisyn" and "Camryn" and "Katelyn" (in all of its incarnations) are going to be considered "little old lady names" like Hazel and Maude are considred today.

Back
Top Bottom