Boys or girls? Have no Idea..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenni22776rn, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    I know silkies are very hard to sex...I have tried to look at many pictures of silkies but I can just not determine...how old before they can be sexed..or is it one of those things when they crow then we know?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This is my bearded silkie Sammie...a little bigger then my other one...
    [​IMG] This is Hoover( she eats like crazy and name seems to fit) she is a non bearded...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just can not tell..not even a guess...they are just so fluffy and have a diffrent personality than my other chickens..I find myself just watching them waddle around..[​IMG]

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I'd guess the first is a roo? [​IMG]

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    The first is a roo. Not sure on the second, silkies are so hard, but leaning towards pullet.

4. bullyforme

bullyforme Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Trololo farm
    OMG the tufts on their heads is adorable...WANT! But...sorry can't help you... I have four 5 week old bantam ameraucauna mix chicks and I still can't tell a bit. I've heard with bantams & silkies you just have to wait.

5. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I would like to see picture of the whole bird just standing there. Then, perhaps, I could give you a good indication of what you have.

6. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    Quote:Ok..I will take some if I can get them to sit still long enough!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by