BR pullet threw up clear fluid.

shawnm2639

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
Woodlake Ca
I thought she was just broody...everyone else was out on the yard while I was working on boxes for the girls. She was roosting and I thought I would use the time to bond and I picked her up and out came about 3 tbs of clear fluid. I put her down immeidately but thought "omg, is she sick...will she get the others sick? they are 12-15 weeks old and they have been in the yard all week. Was it something in the wild she ate? I don't have pesticides, or herbicides. We are literally in the wild. I quickly checked the other threads but didn't see anything similar. Point me in the right direction if there is already a thread on this.

Panicing
fl.gif

Yes, I agree with speckledhen. If you squeeze the crop just right when you pick them up (especially if they recently had a drink), you can make them accidentally regurgitate.

I have had my hen and rooster do that to me to.. Scared me half to death because I thought something was wrong, but their still kicking

Today...found her in the back of the coop not moving...I brought her inside and read most of the post describing same symtoms. As I said she has free ranged for the past week. Don't know how her poo is but she would take water from my finger and tried to eat. Isolated her inside tonight see if she makes it through the night. I gave the others antiboitics to stave off anything going through the flock. Hope this is the only casuality. And if she makes it through the night I will try vitamins etc. I just don't have any right now. HELP!

No she is breathing normally. Oh geez..what if I picked her up and caused this? She is really sleepy. I was thinking of putting her in the old brooder(dog crate) next to the coop so she would be near her flock but then thought better of it. If she is in here with me she could get regular water from me till morning. She is in my bathroom off my bedroom along with two very active month old kittens. Can't be help...they are just being fostered till they are given to forever homes.

She lays on the towel sideways. She chirps if I touch her. But other than that doesn't move. I put water on my finger and touch her beak and sometimes she swallows. I don't think she will make it till morning but I will keep updating this post till....
hit.gif

Next day...she is drinking eating and standing up to poo. Amazing what a little suger water and vitimans can do. I still don't know if she is going to make it but she survived the night and at 5;00 pm she is sitting in her food. This am she was laying over on her side and her feet were stiff. Big improvement.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom