Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

I will... Thanks for the critiques. I was thinking last night late and had a Eureka moment and was going to go in and edit my labels. i ordered sand hill Spitz last year but didn't get any because they lost their flock... so I ordered from Cackle... only hatchery with any available. So I'm going to edit my item now. I may try to get some from Sand Hill again but I did find someone with McGraw strain that will sell me eggs this spring... I'll definitely try that. Sorry for the mistake in identity.
WHO?????

Hi All, hope you don't mind me popping in on you. I would like the opinion of someone experienced in these types of birds, so where better to go than this thread?
This spring I went to a farm and saw this little guy running around, he was so weird looking, I just had to have him. As he gets older I've really started wondering what the heck he is. After A LOT of research on Google I have come to the conclusion that he is a Spitzhauben/Brabanter cross. Do you think so? If so, have any of you ever seen a comb like his? I can't find even one picture like it, so I'm guessing it's a mutation of some sort? Any opinions are appreciated.

This was when I first got him:

This is him now:

He is a very unusual looking, but pretty bird.

The beard could indicate a Brabanter, but the comb is neither Brabanter nor Spitzhauben. He may be crossed with a silver spangled Hamburg, instead of Spitzhauben.

He is a very unusual looking, but pretty bird.

The beard could indicate a Brabanter, but the comb is neither Brabanter nor Spitzhauben. He may be crossed with a silver spangled Hamburg, instead of Spitzhauben.

I looked them up, and can see what you mean. I was pretty sure about the Brabanter because of the hearts all over the chest, the beard and his legs. I was thinking Spitzhauben because of the coloring, but the Hamburg has the coloring, the form, and the spiked comb. I think you have answered my question. Thank You, Thank You!!!

Just wanted to post a picture of one of my cockerels, Ivan, now 11 weeks old. How does he look to all of you? I think he's pretty snazzy, but then I'm biased...

Thanks! I have two with red combs, two with zero red, so I'm guessing two boys, two girls.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom