Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

I just lost my Spitzhauben hen a couple hours ago to an unknown cause. Now my Roo is alone and needs new Spitz friends! Anyone have any available? Here is a pic of my hen who passed. LOVED her headdress :)

Sorry for the loss of your hen. Hope you find something. I miss mine. Sold two pair then weeks later lost the pair I kept.
hugs.gif

Oh my gosh thats awful. Are you planning to get more? We were really wanting to breed them, but the hen never even got to laying eggs and now the rooster is upset and not eating.

I am planning an order from Ideal this Spring. Brabanters and Spitzhaubens. Unless the Spitz from Cackle are better. Opinions please!

The Spitz I got from Ideal are beautiful! And I am very pleased with them! I would not order from any hatchery except Ideal or if you can, get it from a private breeder such as Chris and Allenwranch.

I imagine this question has been asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but I wasn't thrilled at the thought of reading the entire thing. So, I know that pricing varies greatly with quality, but what is the going rate for gold Brabanter hatching eggs, chicks, adult birds? I am acquiring a breeding group of 4 hens to 1 roo. I will post pics when I have the birds. Thank so much.

I imagine this question has been asked and answered somewhere in this thread, but I wasn't thrilled at the thought of reading the entire thing. So, I know that pricing varies greatly with quality, but what is the going rate for gold Brabanter hatching eggs, chicks, adult birds? I am acquiring a breeding group of 4 hens to 1 roo. I will post pics when I have the birds. Thank so much.
Actually, that question has never been asked or answered. I have cream Brabanters. I have sold eggs for $24 a dozen. That will go up as my quality improves. I've sold six week old pullets for $15-$20 and cockerels for $10 to $15; depending on how well I knew the buyer and how many they were buying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom