Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Quote:
Personally those look like Ideal's Polish to me. Golden Laced and Buff Laced. If I were to guess, both males. Those look identical to the ones that I got. Not to impressed with Ideals Polish stock, thye really need to improve their crests.

Personally those look like Ideal's Polish to me. Golden Laced and Buff Laced. If I were to guess, both males. Those look identical to the ones that I got. Not to impressed with Ideals Polish stock, thye really need to improve their crests.
Draye,

These are not Polish. These are Spitzhauben's from Greenfire Farms. I won a dozen eggs from a photo contest here at BYC. Greenfire sent me 18 eggs and several of them were Chamois and Black/Blue Spitzhauben's. I am really excited about these birds. I hope they are not both males. My others look similar. Maybe I have all males.
The second buff bird would be the Chamois. I have 3 of them. I was unsure what the top bird coloration was. I can not tell male from female. I thought these birds were just lovely birds. Pretty big eyes, dark legs and very fancy looking but I know NOTHING about the breed. They are very young yet. When can you really judge the quality? Still wondering about sex

Quote:
I am not sure on how long to sex Spitzhaubens, I've never dealt with them as babies. Hope you didn't take that as a put down of your Spitz, I was just stating what they favored to me with what I have.

Your first bird pictured is a gold. I'd guess male but I'm guessing. I have some of these and the crests seem to improve a lot with age. My avatar is one of their blacks... a 2 month old cockerel.

Last edited:
really now i dont know if my wee spitz is a girl or boy
hu.gif

i've had her since november

Back
Top Bottom