Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

that picture is over a week old so I will try for new ones today, I will include beard views if poss. I did not see the breeding group that she came from in person so I am hoping she turns out to be a good representation for Brabanters. I bought hatching eggs from a man based in FL based on a few pictures. I set 6 eggs but this is my only chick so I have high hopes. As far as breed personality, this little bird has so much to offer! Very sweet, curious and FRIENDLY! I am so delighted that I decided to give this breed a try!

that picture is over a week old so I will try for new ones today, I will include beard views if poss. I did not see the breeding group that she came from in person so I am hoping she turns out to be a good representation for Brabanters. I bought hatching eggs from a man based in FL based on a few pictures. I set 6 eggs but this is my only chick so I have high hopes. As far as breed personality, this little bird has so much to offer! Very sweet, curious and FRIENDLY! I am so delighted that I decided to give this breed a try!
I purchased eggs from a lady in NC whose pics of her birds were wonderful. I hatched 8 of 10 Brabanters and 8 of 8 Dominiques from her.

I can refer you to her if you are interested in hatching more. All of the eggs she sent me were very well packed and fertile. As they are right at 10 days old now, their little 'hawks' aren't showing much but their beards are coming in nicely. A couple are iffy on the beards but we shall see how they turn out.

Someone once told me that Brabanters were like no other birds when it came to friendliness and they had a good nature about them. I am so looking forward to having them in their own pen and being able to handle them more. With 22 total chicks in one brooder and now 25 in another, I don't have much individual time to give each of them.

I would love to see pics of your Brabanter babies. It would be educational for me to compare my chick's development at that young age to consider similarities and differences. One question that I have is regarding the feathers on the head - Is there a preferred color / height / size or a "standard"? I have seen many pictures that show variation so I am curious as to what you would want to have to best represent the breed.

Back
Top Bottom