Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Is there anyone in the Midwest who may sell chicks? Please PM if so.
Also if not too awfully far we could pick them up if someone selling. These chicks are so cute!

Last edited:
I'm in California- between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe
yippiechickie.gif
I'm far, far away from you...BUT i think I'm going to go for it anyway...what's the worst that could happen right? lol

As far as buying on Ebay...I sell on Ebay & try my darndest to make sure I am selling fresh, fertile eggs..& while I state I don't refund eggs or $$, because once eggs leave my hands, I have no way of controlling what happens to them..I ALWAYS try to work with my customers....And while there have been a few bad apples trying to ruin it for the rest of us...I think most people are truly honest & are just trying to make some pocket change & share their wonderful beautiful birds with others...at least that's what I'm trying to do......
big_smile.png

JMHO

As far as buying on Ebay...I sell on Ebay & try my darndest to make sure I am selling fresh, fertile eggs..& while I state I don't refund eggs or $$, because once eggs leave my hands, I have no way of controlling what happens to them..I ALWAYS try to work with my customers....And while there have been a few bad apples trying to ruin it for the rest of us...I think most people are truly honest & are just trying to make some pocket change & share their wonderful beautiful birds with others...at least that's what I'm trying to do......
big_smile.png

JMHO
I'm sorry. I totally should have clarified. I've heard from several people on the American Brabanter's FB page that there are some sellers (one in particular) of BRABANTER eggs that have been 100% infertile.

There are only 4 sellers of Brabanter eggs on eBay. They all have pretty good feedback. The problem is, buyers leave feedback when the eggs arrive safe--they fail to follow up after candling at day 10 with nothing going on inside those eggs.

I'm sure most sellers of eggs on eBay are honest but it seems like people are trying to make a quick buck on eBay when it comes to Brabs

Last edited:
I can only speak from my own experiences. Most breeders and sellers on ebay ARE honest. I've been shopping on eBay for years. I understand the shipping and handling issue and I know how and when to score feedback properly but I also know when something isn't right. When someone starts to get negative feedback in the same time period by more than one buyers and you have same problem......it's pretty clear. sellers can create new or seperate profiles at any time. However,I can assure you, the breeders I had problems with are not in Florida. I have some beautiful Silver Laced Polish chicks, White silkies, Blue Splash Silky Bantams and a few others from eggs I bought on ebay.I will continue to shop on ebay as well as other sources. Sellers create their own reputations and their products speak for themselves.

No worries...I too have had some bad experiences on Ebay & other sites as well...BUT, like you said, not everyone is a bad egg (no pun intended) lol...I have gotten 2 set of Brabanter eggs from Ebay & a set of "Owl Beards" as well that were def not fertile...it's disheartening, esp since I spent a ton of $$ on those eggs...I have recently found out that there are NO Owl Beards in the US...that the "Owl Beards" on Ebay might be Brabanters w/out the crest....not sure if that's true or not but it seems likely...as for leaving feedback on Ebay...sellers are NOT allowed to give a buyer a negative feedback & buyers can put whatever they want, even if it's BS...it's pretty one sided if you ask me...Anyway, like I said, you just gotta try to weed through & find good sellers.....:)

I'm new to BC as a member although I've been reading their helpful info for a while here and there online. I fell in love with the Brabanters and Apenzeller S's first sight. Has anyone had problems with breeders? I can't seem to get anything but infertile eggs. I'm also 99% sure that the Brabanter breeder and the Spitz breeder are the same people. The eggs appearance,and the markings written on the eggs were identical and neither of the eggs were fertile. These breeders also apparently have addresses that are probably minutes apart. I feel like I may have been duped twice with useless eggs.
Sorry for your loss of money, time and effort. If you purchased the eggs from an Ebay ad and it went through PayPal, you can file a grievance/dispute with them and state your claim(s).

I also purchased an assortment of 'Rare Breeds' hatching eggs and 8 of the 12 were non fertile with no development even at day 10. The remaining eggs had blood rings by day 14. I contacted the seller and she said I must have done something wrong when incubating. Well, I was new at it so let it slide. A $65 slide out of my wallet. Then I found out from another associate, that she had also had the same issues with the same breeder. She filed a grievance and got her money refunded.

I recently purchased true Ameraucana eggs for hatching, and they all went into the garbage can on day 10. None were fertile. Seller stated that I was the only person who got 'infertile' eggs so it must have been something in the shipping (got scrambled?) and she was not responsible for shipping issues. Another $55 down the tubes.

In the recent past, I purchased 6 each of 2 breeds and seller sent 18. I hatched 15 and 7 of those were Cream Brabanters. Some sellers are just not honest with what they are selling, some will replace eggs for shipping costs only, and some send you what you paid for. It's a crap shoot at best.

This weekend I hatched 12 of 16 fertile, viable, developing eggs. Started with 32 on day 1. Shipping does have a lot to do with it. I get 100% hatches on my own barnyard mixes.

I have 26 eggs in another incubator now, Gold and Chamois Sptiz and pure Black Ameraucanas, that show development at day 7, all were shipped to me.

I won't be buying any more eggs via Ebay or online avenues unless it is through a reputable breeder via Rarebreedauctions.com or someone who is highly recommended by others.

Can you give me a couple good ones? I'm in Southeast Texas by Galveston Island. After several bad eggs I'd prefer to by chicks if possible but eggs from a reputable breeder are just as good.
H and H is somewhere in Texas. She's been breeding brabanters over 10 years. She used to only ship eggs but it looks like she's doing chicks now too. I've gotten guineas from her before.

I also let my eggs incubate to 10 days or more before I remove them. The "2" sellers that I know now is the same person ...one was selling Brabanters and the other selling Apenzeller Spitzh. I bought some from both seers, the Brabanters I bought twice..hoping between the 2, I would at least get a few. I was given the same speech about the handling was to blame and neither of the eggs were fertile. Everywhere else I bought eggs from, had fertile eggs with maybe the exception of an egg here and there. I did my research and realized the 2 sellers HAD to be the same person. He sold me 2 different types of eggs with different names and sites....they were both the same exact eggs. Live and learn.

Can you give me a couple good ones? I'm in Southeast Texas by Galveston Island. After several bad eggs I'd prefer to by chicks if possible but eggs from a reputable breeder are just as good.

H and H is somewhere in Texas.  She's been breeding brabanters over 10 years.  She used to only ship eggs but it looks like she's doing chicks now too.    I've gotten guineas from her before.
[/quote

How do I reach her? And will she ship to Midwest?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom