Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Thank you for the post and pictures. I did know the ones I had were not going to work but it is nice to have the pictures of yours to actually look over.

Wow, this is motivating. I am really interested in getting some spitzhauben hatching eggs. Ewesheep, do you ever sell any of yours? I am on Carla's waiting list, so hopefully I can get some from her this winter.

Quote:
I did sold all the chicks I had this summer to a gentleman not far from me. I am hoping he will start his own flock with a good roo. They were hatched in June so it would be next year.

As for me, no, I will not be selling any yet. I am down to one hen and looking for more.

Carla would be a good choice in getting some Spitzhaubens. Good luck!

Forget the Spitzes, go with the Brabanters!
wink.png

Here's a bunch of pics I've taken of my "keeper" Brabanter pullets. You'll see that they are NOT camera shy --

http://eggheadhill.smugmug.com/Chickens/Brabanter-pullets/10431927_K8aSi/1

Photo by Julie Gabbard upon the purchase of my senior roo:
063.jpg
He is a real beauty!

Oh I forgot, my ignorance, he has a good home to a friend out in the country but he would be available when I need him for my future girls if I have to use him.

Here is the flock I hatched out tone and half years ago from Carla's OK Spitzhaubens:
chickens072.jpg

The rooster WAS goreous but I could not keep him! The pullets with slicked back polish crests were all sold as pets.

Back
Top Bottom