Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Sweet...

I hatched six gold Brabanters, but six died in the shell right before hatching. Not sure what happened, unless it is the breed. I hatched 7 out of 8 EEs at the same in the same incubator.

When I picked up my order of gold Brabanter chicks at Ideal they said it was hard to hatch them. BTW, I ended up with one cream in the bunch. It looks like a rooster too. I don't know how many times I told Ideal NOT to put in any cream in the order. Oh well...

Well folks, Ideal Hatchery is done for the Spitzhauben orders for st run or pullets for the year. If you want just males, they have them. They are sold out until 2011!!!!

So far 5 Cream Brabanter peeps have hatched, there are still 4 eggs to go but two may be duds. I have had great luck with my first hatching. I have 11 eggs total in the incubator but two are brown eggs I added to fill the turner and be my "control" eggs so I would have two different types to compare notes on.

I love the look of the cream Brabanters. I have an order coming next week from Ideal. Of course I had to throw in a variety of other chickens, rather than get packing peanuts, so I will be WAAAAAYYYY over my chicken limit. I just couldn't resist their cute little mohawks, beards & spangles. I hope that mine look at least a little bit like the pictures here.

Ok these are the sweetest, friendliest birds... someone tell me if she looks to be up to standard?? Not that I care ...lol Just kinda curious! Crystal is 6 weeks old.
32571_128673537151882_100000277086784_268080_2882058_n.jpg

Can't tell a lot about what Crystal's spangling will look like, but she has a "perfect" little crest...

I have 16 gold Brabanter chicks that are about ten weeks old. Lots of variety in their crests, beards, etc., but then I have a lot to choose from.

I have 7 six week old Spitzhauben chicks. Although none of their parents have crooked toes, the best cockerel of the bunch has crooked toes on both feet. Darn !!!!! I need another roo ! The rest are looking pretty good.

Cool!
smile.png
I have one another with a little bit darker crest, but looks the same otherwise, Quartz is her name and she does have a crooked toe. It's ok tho, these are all just my pet layers...lol

Back
Top Bottom