Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
minnesotachickenbreeder wrote:
Do Chamois Spitzhaubens exist in the USA? To me, they are about the most beautiful birds there are.

Not yet... For 50+ years only the silver spangled, and recently the gold spangled.​

Quote:
Not yet... For 50+ years only the silver spangled, and recently the gold spangled.

Thanks, Who all have developed Gold Spangled Spitzhaubens the US?

Quote:
Not yet... For 50+ years only the silver spangled, and recently the gold spangled.

There are a few but many of them have limited amount of birds in their flock so it would be a little bit before it would become as numberous as the black and white ones.

Quote:

There are a few but many of them have limited amount of birds in their flock so it would be a little bit before it would become as numberous as the black and white ones.

Thank you.

I just had to introduce the newest Spitzs at our farm. What is it about chicks that makes you have to "share"/"brag"?
JulyChicks3-1.jpg
JulyChicks1-1.jpg

I'm getting some spitz eggs from a local BYCer today. I want more than two pullets. I'll put some in my incubator, and some under my EE who has been broody for two months now. She not going to give up until she has chicks.

How are brabanters temperament? I was just flogged by one of my FIVE WEEK OLD creme brabanters (supposed to be a pullet....). Is it just a bad personality? Or is the breed prone to being that way? I've NEVER been flogged by a 5 wk old before!!

Back
Top Bottom