Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Well, Michiele beat me to it, but I was going to say the same - let me know if you want to get rid of anything. I am close (Coweta), and would love a Brabanter (or Faverolle).
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well, if you want to get rid of a brabanter or faverolle, let me know:) I am in Broken Arrow and would love to get those:) Of course, I am having the same problem - need room. Coop only should hold 8 (according to 4 sq feet) but we have 5 and 4 baby chicks... Will get rid of any roosters but I want so many chickens! So many to choice from!

Cool!

Ours is supposed to hold 14, BUT, we wanted to keep it at 12. We are supposed to have 6 chickens in the city. I share a property with my mom (they have a separate house on the same lot, which is about 3/4 acre) so we figure 6 each = 12 right?
big_smile.png

My girls get along well and dont mind the cold (they played outside during the blizzard and kept on laying! So I am sure we could keep them all in the coop, plus we free range during the day (when the fence is not blown down from the windstorms lol)

We live at 31st and Mingo area, not too far from you.

You did not recently loose a EE that is buff and white? I answered an ad to craigslist and got a chicken that was living in an alley in Broken Arrow. I just know she was someones pet, she is sweet and tame. Someone probably thinks she got eaten! Here is her picture:
Image17.jpg

Image13.jpg

You did not recently loose a EE that is buff and white?

lol. No, I didn't lose a EE:) She is cute though... Is she a she?

At this point, we are growing up the chicks to see what we have. As much as I want to have one or two of so many breeds, I know I can't
sad.png
Hubby already told me we have enough. Boo Hoo. Saw a great new "coop" on craigslist for free... But, we went to look at it and just don't see how to move it. It was built in place and doesn't look like it will move. Even with my hubby's tractor and flat bed trailer, he didn't think it would work. What a bummer.​

You did not recently loose a EE that is buff and white? I answered an ad to craigslist and got a chicken that was living in an alley in Broken Arrow. I just know she was someones pet, she is sweet and tame. Someone probably thinks she got eaten! Here is her picture:

A rescue chick, how cute
smile.png

quick question about the brabanters....
Looking at some of the pics posted, the females tend to be relatively small and lean. Is that typical of the hens? The ones I have to compare my brabanter to are a faverolle and a BO, both rather solid. My brabanter seems delicate compared to them.

Quote:
In the US at least, the girls are quite smaller than the boys. I think the breed as a whole used to be bigger before it was rebuilt. The Europeam spec I saw were something like 6# for the males and 4.5-5 for the girls.

Back
Top Bottom