Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Quote:
They aren't "red" enough to be golds, but too dark to be creams. Probably the two were bred together. Since stock is so limited, and you need to work with what you've got, you may try breeding the 2nd one from the left to the rooster. I think that'll be your best bet for getting creams, as he looks to be a good color and she's got one heck of a beard!

Quote:
they were born in the spring, they didn't say when. so are the ones without the beards brabenters? so what color would you concider them? sorry for all the questions, im trying to learn everything i can about them. thanks

Last edited:
Hey Momma Hem Don here hows the blue doing and I see you hatched some of your own. Mine could be laying anytime now.
I was interested if you may have gotten any silver ones as I did in the latest hatch. That is the color I plan on working on

Quote:
they were born in the spring, they didn't say when. so are the ones without the beards brabenters? so what color would you concider them? sorry for all the questions, im trying to learn everything i can about them. thanks

A Brabanter without a beard is still a Brabanter, just a poor quality one.

Quote:
No silvers Don, but if they do pop up, I will bring them over!
The blue is a pushy girl! She's made herself queen of the banyard!! The new batch hopefully has (only one) male in the group. As soon as everyone grows up and I get rid of the dozen+ males I have, everyone will be separated.....hopefully a little better this time
lol.png

Quote:

I'd call them dark creams
smile.png

gee momma- hen she was just a groopy in my flock everyone kept everyone in check hope she isn't a problem.
Mine are not laying yet but I don't intend on hatching until the spring anyway giving me time to get a new fence
area to seperate the brabanters from the rest My small coop should be okay for 5 brabanters.

since stock is limited. is there still a way i could get show quality out of what i have? or am i going to have to try and find a show quality rooster or hen? i would like to get the best quality possible but from what i have been reading online and on the forum it might be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom