Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Quote:
they buyer said his pairs were cream and the other pairs were red, unless he dont know colors lol. but in intrested in what they come out looking like. i hope they hatch. soo far all my own eggs have hatched. these are shipped and 3 went bad. one was cracked during shipment but made it to lockdown. ill let u guys know if they hatch or not. not home till later tonight. been gone all week.

Did you buy them on EBay? There's a seller there who runs their creams and golds together, so you could get a grab bag of cream, gold, or mixed.

I only have gold, but I've been wondering how crossing them would affect the colors. I'm not familiar with how cream and gold affect each other. Would the cream dilute the gold? Having said that, some true mahogany red brabanters would be gorgeous.

Quote:
Did you buy them on EBay? There's a seller there who runs their creams and golds together, so you could get a grab bag of cream, gold, or mixed.

I only have gold, but I've been wondering how crossing them would affect the colors. I'm not familiar with how cream and gold affect each other. Would the cream dilute the gold? Having said that, some true mahogany red brabanters would be gorgeous.

There's an orange mottled chicken thread on BYC. The woman has some that are orange with white spangles very much like a chamois Brabanter or Spitzhauben. If I had more room, I'd be seriously tempted to try for Chamois Spitz and Brabanters.

Quote:

Mixes would be gold spangled, but carry the lemon/cream gene.

Quote:
And if I do it the other way around, with a Silver Spitz sire, and a cream Brabanter dam?

Silver females and gold/silver males. All carriers for cream.

Ryan

This breeding will result in all silver offspring, males carrying gold, and all carriers of cream...........................................chrisf

Howdy App Spitz Folks.

I'm 8 weeks into my chicken adventure and am really like'n the App Spitz breed. I was unable to get any as Ideal was out when we got our fuzzies.

I am on the list for the 2012 hatch and was wondering what your thoughts were on their AS chicks.

I don't believe I'm going to breed - although they only sell strait run & having a roo around would be OK

I've read many posts & threads pertaining to this breed and it seems that people are divided on the hatchery deal - go with Carla is the predominant theme.

If I get a few it would only be 2-6 (as long as the control tower doesn't find out too soon
lol.png
)

I've got a mixed flock of 10 (Will be 6 or 7 after freezer camp in a few weeks) and will have two barred rocks, two (or 3) production reds and two australorps. They will be in a run most of the time with field trips in to the yard.

Thanks in advance!

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom