Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Quote:
I only have gold, but I've been wondering how crossing them would affect the colors. I'm not familiar with how cream and gold affect each other. Would the cream dilute the gold? Having said that, some true mahogany red brabanters would be gorgeous.

There's an orange mottled chicken thread on BYC. The woman has some that are orange with white spangles very much like a chamois Brabanter or Spitzhauben. If I had more room, I'd be seriously tempted to try for Chamois Spitz and Brabanters.

Not that difficult to make at all Hallerlake, as a matter of fact, I'm working on Chamois myself.....................................................................................chrisf

Quote:
There's an orange mottled chicken thread on BYC. The woman has some that are orange with white spangles very much like a chamois Brabanter or Spitzhauben. If I had more room, I'd be seriously tempted to try for Chamois Spitz and Brabanters.

Not that difficult to make at all Hallerlake, as a matter of fact, I'm working on Chamois myself.....................................................................................chrisf

Are you working on Chamois Spitz or Chamois Brabanters? I'm working with the Gold Brabanters right now, but I'd love to see more Brabanter colors become available.

Quote:

Are you working on Chamois Spitz or Chamois Brabanters? I'm working with the Gold Brabanters right now, but I'd love to see more Brabanter colors become available.

Spitzhaubens.......I don't have Brabanters....as a matter of fact, I'm working on many colors!...............not ready for their debut yet!..........If you have gold brabanters that is a good start for chamois..........................................................chrisf

A bump in the road I've run into developing Blue Brabanters..... the girls end up blue, with a crest (thought rather small) and tiny "horns". However the males look like a mottled blue and cream color. Unfortunately, it isn't an early sex link where you can tell when they hatch. It develops near weeks 7-8. They also have tiny "horns".

Quote:
So great to hear others working on colors.....we don't need to import new birds for colors at all, everything we need is right here!.....that is how "new" colors are made over there after all, what is most important though, is type............................................chrisf

A bump in the road I've run into developing Blue Brabanters..... the girls end up blue, with a crest (thought rather small) and tiny "horns". However the males look like a mottled blue and cream color. Unfortunately, it isn't an early sex link where you can tell when they hatch. It develops near weeks 7-8. They also have tiny "horns".

Cool !

What are you breeding with to get the blue ?​

Quote:
Cool !

What are you breeding with to get the blue ?

Well, that was purely accidental
big_smile.png
The Ameracauna rooster "wandered". But, it gave me the idea. So I have on order for Spring (fingers crossed) blue polish, spitzhaubens, and (I'm not going to spell this right) crevecours (Black) It could be, since I used a Blue Ameraucana, that the males are actually "splash" and the gender relationship is purely coincidental. But since these guys are first generation, I will have to wait and see. The first blue female, that Don hatched (are you still out there Don?) lays a white egg with just the faintes hint of a blue hue, so getting my color from a breed other than blue egg layers is probably a good idea. And more new chicks in the den will give my hubby something to moan about
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom