Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

OK it's time:

Of the three remaining App Spitz I have, please meet Freaky:

she is so named because she freaks out whenever I come near her

My original plan was to breed her as she is closest to what I've been reading was what to look for.

Unfortunately my flock was infected with what the state vet believes is mycoplasma so I'll not be breeding anyone.

I'm going to wait out the normal life spans of everyone and start afresh in 5 or 6 years.

I still think she's beautiful. I'll post some of Hoppy and Flopsy soon.

Thanks for your help folks!

Mikey

Mikey, you are doing the smart thing to do for MS diseases and letting the girls live out their lives. It just sucks sometimes and people do have a hard time letting them go.

If you really want to be sure, why not get them tested for any diseases they may carry. That way you can be assured what exactly is going on.

Quote:
What did the vet say that confirmed your flock has MG? Have they been tested for MG/MS?

MG/MS is a LOT more common than LLV and is not a death sentence for your flock. A simple blood test can confirm the diagnosis.

I have had a few hundred birds come and go in my flock over the last ten years. Less than 10 showed the symptoms of MG, and a couple tested positive. They were isolated, treated and returned to their pens. It never showed up in the birds again, and none of my other birds were affected by the disease.

Hello, I have just recently purchased some full blooded appenstizer's. . .they are 12 weeks very excited!!
is an appenstizer a mix between an appenzeller and an appetizer?
smile.png

LOL....I was keeping it to myself!
yuckyuck.gif

I put a pool out yesterday with a tiny bit of water in it. The Spitzhaubens were the ones fascinated with it. They sure are comical. I sat out there for quite a long time staring at them trying to see if I could get a clue about which rooster is the best of the 5. They seem to be changing rapidly right now. I took close up pictures of their faces a couple weeks ago..but noticed yesterday that their horns are starting to separate more where before it kind of looked like one piece unless you looked close. I know I just need to wait...but it's soooo hard.

Back
Top Bottom