Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

deedee, mine are 13 weeks...so ours are at about the same point. I bought 7 and ended up with all roos except one! Now I need to find a couple hens and select which roo I will keep.

Well I think that I have 2 roos. . . .only because I have heard them LOL. . . not sure how to tell other wise.

I have 7 roos in total..2 of them are at least 21 weeks and NOBODY has ever crowed or even attempted to.
idunno.gif

I am learning that the wattles, and saddle feathers tell a lot...but you have to wait so long to see that. I thought I had 2 pullets because one of them hardly has any wattles compared to the others..however I was looking so hard bat wattles I neglected to see the saddle feathers.

From what I have read that they will start laying at 16-20 weeks. . . .is this correct? One of my roos that I heard grow has really pretty teal almost in color saddle feathers starting. I am hoping that this is what color they are suppose to be. The other one I have not noticed a difference in the saddle feathers as of yet. 4 weeks and crowing. . . wow.

Most chickens begin laying 20-24 weeks. 16 weeks is pretty early, but not unheard of. I'm not sure specifically for Spitzhaubens.
My 21 week old Roo has been mounting some of the girls..but still no crowing.

Back
Top Bottom