Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

celebrate.gif

Is it common for a my AS roo to not be crowing? He is 8-9 months old and haven't heard him once. His name is Marcel :) Does he look.. normal? Not that I am complaining.. he can't stay here if he starts crowing but.. What do you guys think?

Is it common for a my AS roo to not be crowing? He is 8-9 months old and haven't heard him once. His name is Marcel :) Does he look.. normal? Not that I am complaining.. he can't stay here if he starts crowing but.. What do you guys think?

He'll crow when he's darn good and ready, and not before. Is there some other more dominant rooster not allowing him to crow? Or even a more dominant hen?

Last edited:
Well, I don't have any other roosters .. I'm not allowed to have them where I live :( I do have a few hens that can be quite bossy with the "youngins". Maybe one of them is keeping him quiet? AWESOME! Please let it stay that way!! How does he look quality wise? I love his crest!!

I'm so happy to find this thread! I am new to Brabanters, but I think we will have a long relationship...they are just so intriguing! Here is a picture of some chicks I hatched out. They are 2.5 weeks old in the pics--don't they look like they have a lot of feathers for that age?

Well, I don't have any other roosters .. I'm not allowed to have them where I live :( I do have a few hens that can be quite bossy with the "youngins". Maybe one of them is keeping him quiet? AWESOME! Please let it stay that way!! How does he look quality wise? I love his crest!!
He has a nice crest and spangling.

Sometimes the roos would not crow as much because there are no other roosters around to compete. Mine does that because there are no roosters for a couple of miles in the city LOL!

It's been so wet here that I felt like taking photos... I know it doesn't make sense! I have some roosters to share. All comments welcomed and appreciated.

This is a year old rooster that I used for this year's hatches. He's mostly from ideal breeding.

The same roo and a pullet from Cackle day old chicks.

A Cackle cockerel

--edited to correct mistake in identity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom