Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

I've been shopping online.

I am in no way affliated with this site except as a buyer. She has all sorts of products with all sorts of chickens.

It's been so wet here that I felt like taking photos... I know it doesn't make sense! I have some roosters to share. All comments welcomed and appreciated.

This is a year old rooster that I used for this year's hatches.

The same roo and a pullet from Sand Hill Preservation day old chicks.

A Sand Hill cockerel.
The crests need work, but otherwise not bad. What does his comb look like?

My rooster has a good crest and a bad comb. I'm hoping one of his 5 week old sons will have a better comb. It's still too early to tell.

Last edited:
At least you are able to keep working on them to improve crests and combs and feather patterns. I've always wondered what Sandhill Spitz looked like. If I can remember correctly, I think they got their stock from McGraw......not 100% positive.

The Sandhill pullets' crests are a bit too full, more Polish-y.....they should have more of a mohawk appearance. Just keep working on them.

I will... Thanks for the critiques. I was thinking last night late and had a Eureka moment and was going to go in and edit my labels. i ordered sand hill Spitz last year but didn't get any because they lost their flock... so I ordered from Cackle... only hatchery with any available. So I'm going to edit my item now. I may try to get some from Sand Hill again but I did find someone with McGraw strain that will sell me eggs this spring... I'll definitely try that. Sorry for the mistake in identity.

Back
Top Bottom